Monday, January 26, 2004

Evil Revisited
I’m angry that there are evil people in the world…and that somehow they think it’s ok to be evil. Forget eternal damnation or any of that shit…
I just don’t get it. How can anyone for whatever reason…especially stupid shit like money or power or fear do things they know are wrong. How do the cigarette companies do it? Or wait, there’s the problem…the depersonalization of calling it the cigarette companies…how can the people that work there…the ones that make the decisions…the people who think the company that makes something that kills people is more important that the people killed by what the company makes…those are the ones I don’t understand.
I guess it works at every level…when I worked at the sculpture factory and a table base would get a leg broken off somewhere in production process someone would usually just elmers glue it back on and say, “It ain’t goin in my house.” Like that somehow makes it ok. And that’s the problem I have with most of the people I have ever met. We all have the same fucked up attitude where we don’t really care if it isn’t happening to us. Like everything else is television or something. It doesn’t matter if it’s not happening to me.

Well we’re wrong. It does matter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home