Monday, January 12, 2004

Perspective

It hit me like a ton of bricks.
Perspective…it’s what we lack.
I’m watching a tv show about the beginning of ,”Welcome Back Kotter” and one of them says something about a producer being there for the entire 30 year history of television. And that’s the thing. The people who were making television for you and I as a kid knew the entire history of the media. But more importantly, they grew up in a world not only that didn’t have television, but it was wrought with poverty and world war.
The people making tv now are our age or younger, c’mon you and D have worked in that industry now. We grew up in the weirdo 70’s. No wonder everything is becoming so fucked up! Think of the extremes that created, the people freaked out by the 70’s who became republicans or those who embraced it and turned into the rest of the world.

There was a larger personal point here that was what originally made me jump out of bed and run down to the computer…but as the original premise points out…the tv is on so my brain cells are being annihilated as I type and I’m having trouble recalling the personal point having gotten lost in the high falootin esoteric crap point and completely forget that I originally jumped up because I figured out one of those little things that was going to make my life better if I can only remember it or write it down.
I’m pretty sure this wasn’t it…but we can correlate all this perspective stuff back to Brugge and Eddie to broaden the point beyond the box.

AHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The larger personal point!
What if (in light of my time traveler) You and I and all the rest of the lost flock have stepped outside of time. Stepped outside of the perspective of 2004. Waiting for the world to catch up to us. Waiting for our calling to come get us so we won’t have wasted the lives we’ve stepped into.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home