Saturday, January 10, 2004

There is no time like the present.

My entire life I looked at this one way. A saying meaning something like the similar cliché…why put off til tomorrow what you can do today.
I just said it to myself sitting on the couch thinking about when in my life I am going to throw pots again. No better time than now.
But then suddenly I took the statement totally out of the context of my own personal demons and looked at it as a statement in it’s own right.
Not that I want to be deep or anything…but it sorta works along with the impossibility of time travel argument I made earlier…There is no time BUT the present!
The past is a memory and the future is a concept.
But the now is here.
My time traveler stepped outside of time and waited for it to move ahead so it seemed as if he traveled forward in time.
There is nothing but now.

Sorta makes me wonder who made these things up. Were people saying the same things we consider cliché a hundred years ago? Three hundred? Eight? Were they saying, “There’s no time like the present.” In Brugge in 800ad?

If the 20 year fashion repetition factor has always been in play does that mean the Brugge people were wearing bellbottoms that year as well? (We’ve seen them in the 60’s 80’s and 00’s (what did they decide we are supposed to call this period in history? Speaking of which…I’m excited to see what the roaring 20’s will be like this time around).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home