Thursday, January 08, 2004

Peco Part Two

Well…I’m sure we ALL knew this was going to happen….about an hour and a half after the power came back on the electric company called me because I called and said the power was out.
“Thanks” I said, “But the power came back on an hour and a half ago.”
“Yes sir, but we have no phone number for this address.”
The aforementioned computer outage reporting system has you put in your 10 digit phone # and it gives you the first 4 numbers of your address. Well it had the wrong address and I couldn’t figure out why until the woman on the phone said the whole address to me…it’s R’s address. How weird! She lived with me for about a year when I first bought the place but everything has always been in my name here. Without getting into all that with her I worked very hard to get her to disregard the number she was calling me on from their caller id and put my home phone number into their system.
One thing I have definitely learned in my life is that phone calls like that go much better when you are in a good mood because that comes across in your voice. I was happy, I could hear she was happy so we all got everything we wanted except me not wanting to be bothered talking to a human being I don’t know on the phone but at least I was doing it with the lights on.
I have been everything from the happy jolly person to the irate lunatic on the phone screaming for the supervisor and who do I have to sue to get this shit taken care of damn fuck hell and other bad words too! And when I’m nice I get what I want if not more usually and when I’m mean I just get screwed. I see a larger life lesson in there somewhere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home