Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Ecologically inappropriate.

So...with all my talk of making the world a better place...
Last night I, for the third time in the last ten years...second time this year, purchased a Ford truck from the 1980's. My second 250 and second van. Lets hope this van works out better than the last one did. I already made my appointment with John (my mechanic) for next wednesday to have it looked over and get whatever needs it fixed plus change all the fluids and stuff. I may do those myself and maybe a tune up before I take it over there...we'll see, I kinda have a lot on my plate right now.
So this one is a 1989 Econoline 250 with about 250,000 miles on it. It's from one of Roz's neighbors. He bought himself a new Sprinter. It's grey and white...but we all know that's going to change. I'm thinking this will be the one I finally make into an Art Car.
And I was smart this time....it's 2 years newer than the last one...and even if I have to put a new motor in this one...it still wouldn't cost as much as the other one did :)
I think I did ok.
Plus the guy wants to hire me for his contracting business when he needs help on bigger corporate jobs. That would be pretty funny...2 or 3 days working for him and I'd probably make back what I paid him for the van.

Anyway...it's parked in the driveway with the rest of the cement board for the floor and the new bathtub sitting in it....so I need to go get to work busting up the old tub.
I'm taking a thermometer with me...I'd swear on a day like today with the sun beating down on the roof that it will easily get up to about 115 up there. Next trip to Lowe's I'm picking up a digital thermostat for the heater...that'll tell me exactly how hot it is.

ok...babble babble babble ....
Get to work!
:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home