Wednesday, July 13, 2005

ok...I guess I could explain that last post a bit.
When I was a kid in the 70's it seemed like everything we learned was about how we need to take care of the planet. recycle, conserve...that sortof thing. From my perspective, here we are 30 years later and it doesn't seem like those things are quite as important (although we all have recycle bins now whereas we didn't back then). However...I am wondering if it's really a societal view that has changed or if I just don't notice it anymore. Are school kids still being inundated with recycling messages? Or do we not care anymore?
It's been interesting seeing the turnover in my neighborhood in the past couple of years where all of the couples with children becoming teenagers sold their houses and moved away and all of the people moving in are first having babies. Ever since I moved in I had been the only person on this end of the street putting out a recycle bin...now there is one in front of every house every week.
Is there a correlation between that and the fact that all the people who moved out are blue collar and all the ones moving in are white collar? I wonder how that goes along with me being white collar when I moved in and blue collar now.
It's all just changing times I guess...life just moving along.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home